Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving

             I think our Thanksgiving started four day before November 24th, when my husband took one of the wall sections out from the living room. I just came back from the store with an organic, premium, baby, frozen turkey, when he decided it`s time for construction. First time I really did not think he would make it. On Thanksgiving week everybody was excited about something: my husband wanted to put a new fireplace and a new TV in the living room; my dog wanted to go hunting again, my cat wanted to be alone with his unbelievable dreams, and I wanted to take a break and enjoy the long, rainy weekend with some great turkey food and apple pie. Well, my schedule changed, so I had to work from Wednesday to Sunday. I think my husband was happy because he could start the construction. We moved the furniture; he kicked out one of the wall sections and extended it. He was quick and he did a fantastic job just after, I got home from work I saw the dust everywhere. He painted the new section of the wall, and he set up the new 3D TV with the old surround system for Thanksgiving Day. I baked the turkey and the side dishes after work, and I made a table with warn autumn decoration. We did not invite anyone for dinner in this time; we just enjoyed our familiar atmosphere. On the holiday weekend, I went to work, so my husband took the dog for hunting. This was the end of the pheasant season, and our dog finally acted like a professional hunter. This was extremely important for us because, this was Dio’s first hunting season. My husband really did not train him for pheasant hunting. We bought a face pheasant wing, and we hided it in the bushes and force the dog to find it. He did it well, but we did not pay attention for one of the main thing: point the bird in the bushes. Anyway, on his last hunter day, he pointed the bird and he work excellent. We are so proud of him. We still do not have any fireplace, just the space for that. In summary; I think we had a really good time with the construction and the turkey.     

No comments:

Post a Comment