Sunday, November 13, 2011

Rainy Seattle


The Pacific Northwest`s weather is typically oceanic on the west coast, and it is in Seattle mostly rainy. There are four seasons with a long spring and autumn, and it is a short summer, and winter. The summer is not too warm, and the winter is not too cold, but sometimes there is an extremely hot summer day or a really cold winter day. Seattle is between the Olympic Mountains and the Cascade Range, and close to the Puget Sound, so these are effects for the weather. Typically the rainy months are from November to May. In this area we have two hundred cloudy days, and ninety partly cloudy days. The amount of the rain is exactly the same than in Chicago, but on the East Coast they got the rain rarely. We have several different kinds of rain: increasing, shower, rainfall, rainstorm, thunder-storm, drizzle, gust of rain and just simple rain. It calls Washington State is an Evergreen State because of the rainy weather and lots of moisture are in the air together give beautiful nature. There are plenty of evergreen trees, plants and bushes; moreover, Seattle is the emerald city from the evergreen nature everywhere. This is not just about Seattle because there are ambient cities. After I moved in Seattle I have thought if the weather is rainy it suppose to be cold too. Later I noticed it is not true, even more comfortable. The air is mostly fresh and crystal clean, and sometimes –when the weather is dark and rainy - I enjoy being inside of the house, and listening to the sounds of the raindrops. In fact this weather makes our mood depressive. Especially the long and dark winter season is pretty hard for everyone. Probably who was born here already got use to it in front of who was not born here. As I know there are so many singles live in this city, but I do not know is cause of the rainy weather or from the different lifestyle and incommunicable persons. In summary: I really like his Emerald City with all of the rain.   

No comments:

Post a Comment